Do you want to use one of the most popular social media? But you don’t know how to create an Instagram account, if your answer is yes, let me tell you are in the right in the web site because today I’m going to show you step by step how to open an Instagram account on both mobile and desktop.
Instagram is a social media in which you are able to share pictures, short videos, IGTV, stories and GIFs. Generally, people use it from their mobiles but you can also use it on your desktop. Here you have another blog “what’s Instagram for?” in this article you will know more about this social media.
How to create an Instagram account?
- Log in to the Instagram app or log in from your computer.
- Click “Sign up”.
- Enter your mobile number or email.
- Full name.
- A username, this must not have been used by anyone else.
- Finally, create a password and click on ” Sign up “.
An important fact that you should learn apart from how to create an Instagram account, is that this tool will ask you to add a profile photo, you can add it later. The correct profile photo size is 180×180 pixels.
You can also log in with Facebook. This option allows you to share the same image on both social networks.
How to create an Instagram account from your mobile?
- Download the Instagram app from the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play Store (Android).
- Once the app is installed, tap Instagram to open it.
- Tap Sign Up with Email or Phone Number (Android) or Create New Account (iPhone), then enter your email address or phone number (which will require a confirmation code) and tap Next. You can also tap Log in with Facebook to sign up with your Facebook account.
- If you register with your email or phone number, create a username and password, fill out your profile info and then tap Next. If you register with Facebook, you’ll be prompted to log into your Facebook account if you’re currently logged out.
How to create an Instagram account from your computer(desktop)?
- Go to the Instagram website.
- Enter your phone number or email address.
- Enter your full name.
- Create a username.
- Enter a password.
- Instagram gives you the option to create an account on Facebook, if so with this option you must log in, but if you open your account with the email you click on sing up.
Instagram account types
The account or personal profile is the one that any user uses when opening an account for the first time on Instagram which means basic features. In this you can still upload stories, posts and you can connect it with Facebook, also Instagram has no restrictions.
Remember that if you want to know what Instagram is for you can go to the next blog.
An Instagram Creator Account is an account for high-profile users designed to easily tap into their data and better connect with their audience. And it includes features like: Follower insights, direct messaging tools and flexible labels.
Business accounts are designed for brands, local businesses and organizations. It is also important to have tools that help you manage the account, so if you are a very busy person this will help you to schedule publications.
How to set up a business account on Instagram?
- Go to your profile and tap Menu in the upper right corner.
- Tap Settings.
- For some accounts, the Switch to Professional Account option will be listed directly under Settings.
- Go to Settings, then Account and Switch to Professional Account.
- You will see two options:
- Creator account
- Business account
- Enter your phone number, email address or physical address.
- And ready, you have a business account.
How to link your social networks to your professional Instagram account?
Warning: You can do this only if you have a professional account.
- Go to your profile.
- Tap Settings in the upper right corner.
- Look for the Accounts option and then Linked Accounts.
- You can link the accounts of some social networks.
- You can also select whether you want the content to be published on your Facebook page or on your Facebook profile.
Once you’ve linked your accounts and want to share your content, only you can see the statistics of your posts. You can also promote your content and if you click on the follower’s section you can see the age, sex, place, days and hours that your followers are connected.
Is it better to have a professional or personal account on instagram?
If you only want to use this social network to interact with your friends, share photos of your trips and your day to day, you must choose your personal account.
In the other hand if you have a business and want to show your products or boots your services what you need is a company profile. Remember to place the CTA, website URL and location.
How to make your Instagram account private?
Another thing you should know about how to create an Instagram account is that at the beginning the profile is public, everyone can see your posts and follow you, if what you are looking for is a private account you must follow the following steps:
- Tap profile or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap more options in the top right, then tap
- Tap Privacy.
- Tap next to Private Account to make your account private.
- If you want us to help you with your accounts administration you can contact us and we’ll be more than happy to help you. We hope you have learned how to create many different accounts on Instagram, choose the account that best suits the needs of your business, see you until the next blog